Forged in 1991, our vision is “Youth Reaching Youth with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.”
Our mission is to reach, equip and encourage youth and youth workers in order to make disciples who will serve God’s purpose among an adolescent generation.
Our missional strategies are:
- We will provide student and adult leadership training through multiple sources throughout the mid-Atlantic region. We will conduct mission work camps in order to provide practical ways for adults and adolescents to live out their faith in cross-cultural and socio-economically depressed areas.
- Through the ever changing vehicles of retreats, rallies, summer camps, mission trips, and the Impact & Zeteo festivals, we will share the gospel of Jesus Christ among adolescents.
- We will assist congregations, church clusters, districts, and conferences to develop holistic and transforming youth ministry practices to, with, and through young people.
- We will provide youth ministry internships for high school, college and seminary students wherein they may observe, reflect upon, and critique youth ministry practices while at the same time using their own gifts in ministry.
- We will work to develop a strong, sustainable financial support base for Salt ‘n Light Youth Ministry, Inc.
- We will continually engage in praxis, whereby we remain open to the leading of the Holy Spirit in adjusting any present forms of youth ministry.